Custom Medication Compounding
Sometimes “just what the doctor ordered” doesn’t come in pre-packaged pills and commercial medications. Medmetrics specializes in custom medication compounding including hormone replacement therapy or BHRT for women and men, Dermatology, Pediatrics and Veterinary medications, based on your doctor’s prescription that are tailored to your unique health needs. We strive to provide you with the best possible pharmacy experience and promise to have your medications ready within 48 hours. We can provide local delivery as well as ship your medication anywhere in the state of Arizona. We accept most insurances including Medicare and Medicaid.
What is Medication Compounding?
Compounding is the process of mixing one or more drugs to make customized medications. These compounded preparations can be made into many dosage formulations, including creams, gels, ointments, capsules, troches, lozenges, suppositories, and many more.
Compounding medications allows your pharmacist to create a fully customized medication or supplement that is used to treat a medical condition or can be incorporated into a wellness program. Medmetrics Compounding Pharmacy has pharmacists specifically trained in compounding medications.
There are many reasons why you may benefit from custom compounded medications, such as:
- Certain commercial medications come in strengths, dosages and forms (such as large, hard-to-swallow pills) that are not suitable for specific patient needs.
- Changing the form of an oral medication to a cream, ointment, lotion, or gel can help target specific areas of the body, while reducing systemic exposure and possible side effects.
- Allergies and sensitivities may require a compounded prescription free of dyes, preservatives, allergens, fillers and binders in a custom strength, dosage and form.
- Skin sensitivities and other painful conditions may require custom creams and ointments.
- Many pets also benefit from compounding. Custom strengths, dosages and forms can be created for your animal’s specific needs.
Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Hormone replacement therapy can be used for treating many things such as menopausal symptoms or in fertility treatments. Bioidentical hormones are often preferred versus synthetic hormones because they match the exact molecular structure of hormones made by the human body. Many doctors prefer compounded hormone formulations versus commercially available medications because the effects are more predictable.
- Most bioidentical hormone compounds are only available through a compounding pharmacy like Medmetrics. Everyone has a unique biochemical makeup. Some women need slightly more progesterone or estrogen while another might need to add testosterone. We can work directly with your doctor to develop a customized compound with the perfect balance in hormones. Our compounding pharmacists are always available if you or your doctor has questions.
- We are able to compound these hormones in a variety of dosage forms including creams, gels, lozenges, capsules or sublingual drops.
- Some common hormones include Estradiol, Estriol, Estrone, Progesterone, Pregnenolone, DHEA, and Testosterone